RB Digital Platform enhancement
The new RB Digital app offers a significantly improved user experience—with multiple product channels, faster searching and in-app check-outs.
This week sees the release of an enhanced version of the RBdigital platform. It will allow library members to access 8 different types of content all from one location in the app or website.
For the first time in the industry, patrons will be able to access audiobooks, magazines, comics, video and eBooks all in one app.
At the time of this release, all the services currently available on the RBdigital Gateway will be available on the RBdigital app and website, with the exception of Comics Plus.
The enhanced app and website will be live starting 13th March, and will provide members access to a range of content including:
- Audiobooks: Only RBdigital delivers access to thousands of audiobook exclusives as well as content from other major publishers.
- eBooks: Bestselling and award-winning eBooks by top authors.
- Magazines and Comics: The largest collection of digital magazines for libraries, replacing Zinio for Libraries. As well as hundreds of top comics from major brands.
- Streaming Video: For the first time in the industry, unlimited streaming video made possible through an innovative, new pricing model for libraries.
- Education: A comprehensive collection of online world language learning, art and music instruction, software training, and more.
- Music: Full-length concerts and music documentaries, including Qello Concerts.
Important Note: There will be a new menu on the app and website as part of this enhancement. Library members will only see in that menu items their library has purchased. If the library purchases additional services in the future, these services will automatically show up in the app and website.
Zinio for Libraries
The previous Zinio for Libraries app will be switched off on April 3rd 2018. This old app is no longer supported and will be terminated after that date, so it is imperative that all users change to the new RBdigital app as soon as possible. The browser version of Zinio For Libraries continues to carry the Zinio name for now, but will update to the new RBdigital branding in the future.